Haslin is a city company with a country focus, and in over thirty years of operation, we’ve delivered more than $500 Million of infrastructure in regional NSW. When delivering works regionally, we do so in concert with the local community, prioritising engagement with local labour, local suppliers and local Sub-Contractors.
Haslin’s Local Engagement Strategy entails a proactive, holistic investment in the social fabric of the communities in which we work. Not only does this make financial sense for Haslin and our clients, it leaves a skills legacy in the region that extends beyond the delivery of the infrastructure itself.
Haslin has set industry benchmarks for Local Participation on projects, such as:
- Orange Southern Feeder Road (2020, $19M)
- 70% of person-hours on-site performed by local workers.
- Grenfell Wastewater Treatment Plant (2021, $11M)
- 40% of person hours on-site conducted by local workers.
- Newell Highway Realignment (2018, $26M)
- 90% of labour budget spent on local workers.
- 53% of contract value spent on local Sub-Contractors/Suppliers.
- Yamba Wastewater Treatment Plant (2015, $22M)
- 52% of contract value spent on on local Sub-Contractors/Suppliers.