Location Eurobodalla, NSW
Client Eurobodalla Council
The Eurobodalla Southern Water Supply Storage Dam is a generation-defining infrastructure project entailing construction of a 3000 Megalitre Off-River Storage Dam that will ensure water security in the Eurobodalla Shire.
The Dam – adjacent to the mighty Tuross River in the Bodalla State Forest – is the second facility of this magnitude that Haslin have delivered, after the $36 Million Bowraville Off-River Storage Dam.
Key features of the off-stream storage facility include:
- capacity to hold up to 3,000ML of water
- a 370m long embankment, 39m in height and a crest width of 20m, located on an unnamed tributary of the Tuross River
- a spillway to allow the dam to release water from heavy rainfall events into the Tuross River
- permanent erosion control structures located downstream of the spillway
- an inlet to convey and dissipate raw water transferred from the river intake pump station through a pipeline
- an outlet to allow transfer of water from the storage to the existing water treatment plant (WTP)
- instruments to monitor seepage, reservoir levels and water quality
- a thermal stratification control system
- a boat ramp at the water storage facility for maintenance and access for water quality monitoring
- safety and perimeter fencing at the water storage facility.
Key features of the ancillary facilities include:
- a new pump station with capacity to extract up to 26ML from the river and up to 6ML from the borefield
- water transfer infrastructure with:
- a pipeline with a capacity of 26ML per day to transfer raw water from the new river intake pump station to the storage inlet chute
- a pipeline connection from the borefield to the river intake pump station
- a storage access road roughly 1km long from Eurobodalla Road opposite the WTP to the site
- a 70m long access road for vehicles to access the river intake pump station
- power supply including new sub-stations near the storage and pump station.
“Haslin have decades of Dam-building experience. We’re excited to be delivering this facility on behalf of Eurobodalla Shire.”
Colin Woods, Founder and Managing Director
“We’re really excited to be a part of this project… A great piece of local infrastructure in a regional community.”
Justin McCarthy, Project Manager