Location Sydney, NSW
Client Transport for NSW
This upgrade of Stanmore Station, being delivered by Haslin Constructions on behalf of Transport for NSW, is part of two NSW Government initiatives: the Transport Access Program and Safer Cities Program, and includes:
- Two new lifts providing access to all platforms;
- Family and easily accessible toilets on Platforms 1/2;
- Accessible ramp from the station to Trafalgar Street;
- Regrading of the station underpass;
- Regraded station entrance and concourse on Douglas Street;
- Kiss and ride bay on Douglas Street;
- New accessible parking space on Douglas Street;
- Safety improvements.
The upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage. Transport also proposes to make additional safety and place improvements to Stanmore Station as part of the Safer Cities program to help make Stanmore Station feel safer for women, girls and gender diverse people. The scope is proposed to include additional safety enhancements such as lighting, landscaping, and character improvements.