Design Manager – Civil Infrastructure & Building
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join a well-established and highly respected Civil Infrastructure and Building Contractor with 25 experience working primarily in the public sector and across a diverse client base. As the business expands over the next 5 years, this position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a highly successful and growing team focused on infrastructure and public sector projects throughout NSW. As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in the entire construction process and will be relied upon for your technical problem solving skills and detailed construction knowledge.
- Prepare design and construction methodology for tenders and projects
- Work closely with the estimating department and project managers to provide value engineering, cost effective designs and alternatives
- Manage & coordinate all aspects of the design development process
- Liaise with the client and manage consultants to ensure delivery of projects as per specifications and works brief.
- Drive Design Consultants to optimise the design to achieve the best cost and safety outcomes.
- Able and competent in achieving program targets.
To be successful in this role you will require the following skill set:
- You will hold tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or related field
- Demonstrated experience as a Design or Engineering Manager with demonstrable experience in the civil infrastructure sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management capacity
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with TfNSW and within the AEO framework.
We will offer you an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to be part of a high performance team who pride themselves on tackling and delivering a diverse range of technically challenging and complex infrastructure projects.